Monday, October 12, 2009

I am still having problems signing into secure sites like email or my Ebay account. What can I do?

I called my ISP and tried to figure out the problem from there. The tech. guy told me I should try disabling the firewall. That didn't work. Then he said to try going into Tools and Internet options then deleting the cookies and all the files. I even cleared the history. He then told me to restart my computer. I did that. It didn't work. He then thought that it was Windows updating itself. So he suggested that I turn off the computer for about an hour and then try to go from there. Well, I did as he said, but it didn't work. He said that if it didn't work, it would probably be a problem with Microsoft and not the ISP. I went to my dad's office and used the computer with no problems.. we have the same ISP there.


What should I do? I can't even check my email!!

I am still having problems signing into secure sites like email or my Ebay account. What can I do?
Sorry, there's not enough information to go off. You will need to provide the following for a better assessment:





* exact error syntax or description of symptoms


* which sites you can't sign in to (list URLs)


* what time is it on your PC clock?
Reply:What browser are you using? Can you try a different browser (such as the very popular one, firefox, http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ to download one)





Not clear what you are getting, but most of these login/sign-in pages are using SSL protocol (where you often see the URL address is https, instead of http). For Internet Explore, one thing related to SSL is:


"internet options" -%26gt; "advanced", and scroll to near the end, there are SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0. Check both of them on.

facbook

No comments:

Post a Comment